some info

Thursday, January 6, 2011

yay for rain!

summer rain
We are getting some much needed rain here this morning, thank god. We need it. There was a small brush fire nearby recently (a couple miles away) but that is close enough. Winter isn't usually our rainy season. Everything is dry and brown since we have no rain. We didn't get much rain over the summer either, so brush fires are something we'll have to deal with. I am glad that it hasn't gotten so close to us. We do have a green space just east of us, between our neighborhood and the one on the other side of it, which is only some 500 yards away. I keep my eye on it. 

The plants like the rain and now we have more water for our rain barrels. Another winter project is putting up some more gutters to route more rain to the barrels instead of just the ground. We have a list of outside projects to do before April, when it starts to get really hot. I told Nate, this year, I am NOT working outside in July. I'll be glad to help outside up until 10a, and after 6p in the evening, but other than that, it is just too damn hot and uncomfortable to work in the garden. We'll get it done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment