some info

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

back to "normal"


our weather has improved as of late, and we are back to our "normal" of 60's/70's here for the winter. I have no doubt that we will have at least 2 more cold snaps where it gets down to freezing for more than a couple days again, so we are not doing too much to the garden. We have some lettuce growing and onions too. I don't worry too much about the onions since they are root vegetables, but the others, and the fish, I worry about. So far, so good. The fish I cover, and the other garden boxes we've covered also. Nate set up one of the garden boxes as a 'greenhouse'. I say that in quotes because it's not made of glass or metal frame, just a wood frame and plastic around the sides. We'll see how our makeshift house goes. 

We have so many oranges that aren't good to eat but can be used for something, that I had thought of making marmalade. I need canning equipment though. I need to look into that. I could be something lucrative, or at least interesting, to try. I'm also looking more serious into growing sage. A good herb for many reasons. 

enjoy your weather, whatever it is like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment