some info

Thursday, December 9, 2010

cat on a cold fish pond


It's been really cold here. And when I say cold, I mean it has been close to freezing at night for most of the week, and not much warmer during the day. Oh yeah, we get sun, but that doesn't necessarily make it warm. Now, I must admit, for us, it's not so bad, considering this is Florida, but we aren't used to such cold weather so early in the season. Our garden has faired fairly well (can I say that without sounding redundant?), without much loss to vegetation. The cats have stayed indoors most evenings and even in the morning after they have been fed. The fish pond I covered with some wool blankets. These are army blankets, so you know they are heavy duty. Nate put some 2 x 4's over the pond, then we put blankets over the 2 x 4's. I'd rather not have my fish freeze to death. Poor things. It's tough enough taking a cold shower, can you imagine living in it constantly? No, I say.  I've been feeding the fish, so I've seen them and know they are there. Wolfie here, likes to drink out of the fish pond. I think she's trying to eat their food. (She loves to eat, we call her our fat girl.) See how it looks like she has no feet? And she almost matches with the blankets!

No comments:

Post a Comment