some info

Friday, September 24, 2010

fall planting

the tomatoes we planted for summer have lived their lives, and now we are working on broccoli, lettuce, beans, and I think Nate planted cabbage. I'm not sure. It's my birthday tomorrow, and I have no great plans to do anything but what I want to do, but what I really want to do is get our fall planting finished. We have the fabric covers on 2 of our boxes, and the plants in there are doing quite well! We don't have to worry about them getting burnt or full of bugs. It's a great idea! At first, I thought Nate was being paranoid - as he can be sometimes - and since I am the frugal queen, and I don't want to spend anymore time outside in the florida summer than I need to, I thought he was crazy. Crazy like a fox they say! We need to get more compost from the landfill, before it's all gone and before they stop giving it out. (budget cuts, you know.) 

The harvest moon was last night and was it beautiful! It lit up the yard so brightly I could see the kittens running back and forth. They like to chase each other when the sun goes down. They also antagonize each other. Sister's do that. 

The herbs are still doing well. Lots of basil and rosemary and parsley. It's great to have in food. I'm very impressed and happy they are doing well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment